Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Masonic Pagans Evicted in Florida

I come from a long line of Masons on my mother's side of the family. I don't think, until my mother's generation, there was a man in my family not a Mason or a woman not in the Eastern Star.
I suppose it shouldn't surprise anyone that I married a Mason, also from a long line of Masons on his father's side.
My husband, while being a Mason, is also a practicing Pagan.

So, when we read that Grand Master Jorge Aladro ruled that Pagan Masons do not uphold beliefs compatible with Freemasonry and should resign we didn't know what to think.

(Read this on The Wild Hunt: After Florida Grand Master Ruling, Pagans and Freemasons Speak Out )

My first response was anger. Did Grand Master Aladro not know where Freemasonry came from? How could he be so closed minded?
My husband had nothing to say at first. He merely listened as I read then nodded. He said he would have to see what would come of it.

I know that this is only one lodge in Florida. However, this sets a very bad precedent.

I've sent the article to all my mason and pagan friends to get their view on it.

I will say I love the idea of sending a Yule card to the Grand Master and wishing him many Happy Pagan blessings. Kill em with kindness.

Blessings,

HedgeWife

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I am wondering if you are located in Florida? I am a long time practicing Hedgewitch and wife, trying to connect with other Hedgewitches in my area. I love your blog. It is full of vital information, unique and informative. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Trish (aka Onyxx)

    ReplyDelete

Azure Green

AzureGreen- Celebrating All Paths to the Divine