Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Chakra Meditation 1

Hello Readers,

Today I wanted to post something a little different than the usual herbal banter - don't worry, there will be more in the future - and write a little about Chakras, specifically the meditations that I use to open up my chakras.

This first meditation involves 5 of the 7 Chakras and their connection with the 4 Dharmas.
I learned this meditation from Lissa Coffey, author of What's Your Dosha? and What's Your Dharma? I met her briefly at Coptic Conference 2012 and the following is from my notes from her short lecture on Dharma and the guided meditation.


The 4 Dharmas are Karma, Bhakta, Jnana, and Raja. We all have a certain Dharma, and some of us have more than one. Our Dharma is connected with our purpose in life - or, more closely with how we see our purposes and where we place importance in our lives.

Those who have Karma Dharma (yay a rhyme!) see their purpose in life as Service. They serve god, the divine, the earth, family, friends, humanity, etc. Their mantra is "I am a Karma Yogi and my Purpose is to Serve."

The purpose of those with Bhakta Dharma is to Love. They see Love as the most important thing in life. Their mantra is "I am a Bhakti Yogi and my Purpose is to Love."

Those with Jnana Dharma see their purpose in life as Knowledge. They love to learn and see out the Truth of things. Their mantra is "I am a Jnani Yogi and my Purpose is to Know."

And lastly, those with Raja Dharma desire to Be.
This was explained to me with a story - a group of students were taken to a mango farm and told to know the Mango. Many measured the mangos, the trees, the leaves. Some tested them chemically from soil to fruit. Others still drew the trees and studied their shape and color. The Raja Yogi went up the the mango tree, picked a mango and took a bite out of it, enjoying the mangos purpose. Their mantra is "I am a Raja Yogi and my Purpose is to Be."

Strangely, the best way for me to remember the Dharmas is by connecting them to the houses of Hogwarts - Karma is Hufflepuff, Bhakta is Gryffindor, Jnanni is Ravenclaw, and Raja is Slytherin.

The guided meditation:

After taking a few deep breaths and finding stillness...
"With your eyes closed, look up at your third eye chakra. See it as a window (mine happens to look like a white triangle at first). Start by bringing in yellow light and guiding that light down into your stomach, your solar plexus chakra. This is the seat of Karma Dharma. See your solar plexus bathed and fed by the yellow light. As it fills repeat the Karma mantra "I am a Karma Yogi and my purpose is to Serve."
When your solar plexus feels full, look back up at the third eye. Bring in green light this time and guide this light to your chest, your heart chakra, the seat of Bhakta Dharma. See the light filling the heart chakra and repeat the Bhakti mantra, "I am a Bhakta Yogi and my purpose is to Love."
When the heart feels full of green light, look back up at your third eye and see the light change to blue. Bring the blue light down into the throat chakra. This is the seat of Jnana Dharma. See your throat filling with blue light and repeat the Jnana mantra, "I am a Jnani Yogi and my purpose is to Know."
When the throat feels full, look back up at the third eye and see the light change to violet. Guide the violet light this time up to the top of the head. This is the Crown chakra and the seat of Raja Dharma. See the crown chakra fill with violet light and repeat the Raja mantra, "I am a Raja Yogi and my purpose is to Be."

After the meditation, relax, release, ground.

(sorry if this written guided meditation seems...not very guided. Its my first time really writing one.)

I hope that this meditation and short bit of information helps you as much as it helped me.
Feel free to use the links above to learn what your Dharma is.

Question:
What do you think my Dharma is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Azure Green

AzureGreen- Celebrating All Paths to the Divine