Monday, January 28, 2013

HedgeWife Seeks Scoby

Hi all!

I thought I would share with you all this search I've been going through for a Kombucha Scoby. I saw one on Craigslist in the Anchorage area the other day and missed it...then another one in the Matsu area...and missed it but I'm on a list for another when his scoby mama makes another baby.
So I'm seeking one of these lovely bacteria/yeast creatures and my hubs was starting to worry about why I was looking at pictures of blobs on the internet so adoringly today. I showed him the following video from The Raw Food World - warning, it takes a bit to get to the part about kombucha, you'll have to suffer through watching Matt and Sola eat Raw desserts and drooling a lil haha. But the part with the mama scoby is cool and I like the explanation even though they call it a mushroom, which it is not - it is a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast...just to clarify.



I'll be sure to post more when I get a scoby of my own...I think I'll call her Daphne...get it? Scoby...scooby doo...daphne...I need to go to bed...

love and light and kombucha blessings

HedgeWife

1 comment:

  1. I meant to blog about this, but got so busy with cat rescues last year, I just didn't have time for much blogging :) Try this method with a store bought bottle.. it works a dream:) I left mine to form a little longer than the article says and used a wider container so the liquid was at a smaller depth. Made a huge Mother! I just used Paul Newman's organic black tea bags and organic cane sugar. Good luck :)
    http://www.naturalnews.com/035774_kombucha_tea_recipes_culture.html

    ReplyDelete

Azure Green

AzureGreen- Celebrating All Paths to the Divine