Saturday, March 30, 2013

My Spring Altar

I thought I would share with you all my Spring Altar

 Lace altar cloth I thought gave it a lightness that Spring brings to mind. The flowers in the bowl on the left are wild flowers and roses that my husband has gathered for me in the past and I have dried.
Fairies called out to me for this altar so they have a few items added. There is of course a picture of a blue fairy resting on and surrounded by bubbles or crystal spheres. The other fairy item is the wand on the right side of the altar - it is actually a pencil that came with my fairy journal and I thought it made the perfect want for me as I am a writer.
Other items on the altar include a small blue, glass chalice; butterflies, which you can read more about in my post on Found Objects; stones including Amethyst, Fuchsite, and Rhodochrosite; a photo of a statue of a woman that reminds me of the Goddess in her maiden form; behind the photo is a ceramic candle holder in the shape of a Doric column holding a lavender candle; and a crystal grid seen below.
The crystal grid is made up of 8 quartz crystals, 1 Alaskan Jade, 1 green Flourite, 2 green Aventurines, and 1 Citrine in the center. I did not choose these stones with any intent in mind. Instead, they called to me when I began to go through my crystals for my spring altar. The square design just felt right. above the grid you can see the larger quartz crystal point that I used as a wand to activate the crystal grid.

Spring is a time of new beginnings, rebirth, and especially when you're in Alaska, like me, it's a time of sunlight. The days will grow longer until I have almost 24 hour sun.
This is also a signal to start planting. I have a small indoor window garden that I will take pictures when they start sprouting.

Love and Light and Blessed Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Azure Green

AzureGreen- Celebrating All Paths to the Divine