Friday, March 15, 2013

Gem and Crystal Haul!

I went to a place in Anchorage called Grizzly's Gifts with my buddy visiting from KY over the week and got a ton of crystals and was so excited I had to show off. I'll be using some of these in the Free Group Reiki Healing Session tomorrow (if you want in on this, send me your name to add to the list of those receiving healing energy HERE)
Some of these I had only heard of in passing so I'll share a lil metaphysical info with you all about each of them and maybe some insight on what I will be using these darlings for.

 Fuchsite
This photo does not do this stone justice. It is an emerald green color with metallic look so that is flashes in the light. I was drawn to this piece almost immediately upon entering the store even though I had never heard of it before. I later learned that Fuchsite is a stone for healers as it helps remind them to care for themselves rather than focusing on others all the time. 
Other properties of Fuchsite:
  • Provokes the joy of the inner child in us
  • Focuses its action on the immune system. 
  • It is a stone of protection
  • Leads our health into improvement and our material situation into abundance.

 Black Kyanite Wand
I was really excited to see this wand. I had worked with blue kyanite before but never seen black. The reason why I think that this wand is so cool is that it is actually 2 black kyanite fan formations that have grown together to form what almost looks like a double terminated wand! 
Black Kyanite's metaphysical properties include:
  • Works with all Chakras, focusing most on the Root Chakra. 
  • Is both Grounding and Energizing
  • It is often used to also explore past-lives, and also to anticipate how current actions effect future lives.
  • Helps to open the lines of communication between people
  • Aligns all layers of the aura
  • Kyanite transmits and amplifies high-frequency energies, making it a great stone for attunements, meditation, and dream-work.


 Amethyst cluster and tumbled
I am sure most readers are aware of Amethyst. I will be using these two particular stones in March 16th's Reiki Healing Session for its healing properties as it has always been a fantastic general healing stone for me, especially when it comes to healing through natural or energetic means. 
 Blue and Gold Tiger's Eye
Tiger Eyes are stones that I've had my own eye on for a while now, since dedicating myself to Sekhmet as my Matron deity. These are stones that associate with her - gold or red tigers eye for her wrathful nature or red magic and blue for her healing nature. 
 My New Chakra Set 
From Left to right (top to bottom) Amethyst for the Crown Chakra, Sodalite for the Third Eye, Blue Lace Agate for the Throat Chakra, Green Aventurine for the Heart, Yellow Jasper for the Solar Plexus, Orange Carnelian for the Sacral Chakra, and Hemitite for the Base or Root Chakra. 
 Hemitite
Another common stone in the realm of magic, I collected these Hemitite pieces to help me with some Root Chakra healing/opening/grounding and plan on working with them in some Chakra crystal grids. 
 Rough Rhodochrosite and Tumbled Rose Quartz
While Rose Quartz is well known in the world of crystal magic for its properties of love and compassion, I was excited to come across Rhodochrosite! This is a stone that has many similar properties to rose quartz and makes an excellent companion or substitution if need be. I especially like Rhodochrosite's ability to aid in matters of self-love and self-worth. 
 Blue Cat's Eye 
Much like the blue tiger's eyes, I bought the blue cats eye for its connection to Sekhmet and particularly her healing energies. Cat's eye is a traditional a good luck stone. It is associated with intuition, awareness, optimism and confidence. Cats eye is also believed to turn negative thoughts into positive energy. 
Goldstone
While not a mineral or gemstone in the natural sense, goldstone is actually man-made. However it is beautiful, one of my favorite 'stones' to look at and it does had metaphysical properties. Because of its man-made nature it is a stone of Alchemy and used to represent the process of turning lead into gold.
 Alaskan Jade
Alaskan Jade is a darker green stone than Chinese Jade. I think Metaphysically the only differences are that while both are used for the Heart Chakra, Alaskan jade for its darker and denser nature might be better used for physical imbalances of the Heart Chakra while Chinese might be better for emotional imbalances. 
 And here's the whole set! 
I had so much Fun! Be sure to check out my new website North Star Attunement March 16th for pictures and video of my Crystal Grid for the Free Reiki Group Healing Session.

Love and Light and Crystal Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Azure Green

AzureGreen- Celebrating All Paths to the Divine